Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The best thing!

The best thing that we fine frugality peeps need to do is to NOT spend! I know...it's hard...we all want or need certain things. I have stopped shopping for alot of things now...I now go to the reuse shed instead. If you're patient...you might find some genuine gems like I have! I found a beautiful stand alone shelf that my eldest son has use for, a stereo reciever with REALLY nice speakers, boards that are of beautiful dark wood that I used for shelving in my bedroom. A headboard from an old bed that I now use as a heavy duty shelf for kitchen gadgets in my diningroom, aluminum brackets for shelves in my laundryroom, and particalboard sheets that had been the frame to an old waterbed are the shelves. None of these things look tacky (at least not to me), and are getting new life where otherwise they would have been in a landfill.

Did I mention that you can also find clothes there as well! Some of them are in superb condition, I was amazed! I what items I did take home I naturally washed in laundry detergent and my lavendar vinegar (regular vinegar doesn't smell as nice). I also have a hobby of upcycling and repurposing clothes, so some of my finds are being relenquished to my hobby for the winter.

There are oodles of things that go to the reuse shed, from cribs and strollers (even DOUBLE strollers!), to desks, wheels for gocarts, to your mind could be the limit! The only problem is that you have to go frequently, as people drop things off a varying times, and you never know what can be dropped off next!

Happy recycling!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment