Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday night

Sadly, I did not make dinner tonight, ok...not so sadly for me!  ;)
It is my youngest sons' Birthday today, so we went to Boston Pizza , to which my Mom and Dad-in-law were so kind to pay for! My son had a wonderful evening, and got to enjoy being sang to by the staff (how sweet is that?) when they brought the cake out.
Sorry that it isn't a dinner breakdown or anything, but I will share my FAVORITE recipe!

Easy Chocolate Fudge

I got this from the Eagle Brand* website years ago, and everyone loves it (I usually break down bits of candy cane at Christmas, or Smarties*, instead of nuts (in case someone's allergic to them).

3 cups chocolate chips
1 can Eagle Brand* sweetened condensed milk
dash salt
1/2-1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract.

In a sauce pan, melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and salt on low heat. Once it is malted and thoroughly mixed, remove from heat, stir in nuts and vanilla. Spread evenly in an eight or nine inch square baking pan that is lined with wax paper. Chill two hours, or until firm. Turn fudge over onto a cutting board, peel off waxed paper, and cut into squares. Store in refridgerator covered.

This stuff is so deliciously rich and chocolatey that I, a confirmed chocoholic, can only have a small amount at a time! Not to mention, that for fudge, this recipe is easy, and a batch can be made for under ten dollars! Hope this will tide you over until tomorrow!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment